Tuesday, April 24, 2007

02:37 - 24/April/2007

I'm not really working flat out, but I'd rather be here than anywhere else, and I'm wide awake. Better to be working intermittently and slowly than not at all, eh?

Observations at 2:37 -
People returning from International Night. Can hear assorted languages, in assorted volumes. But mostly laughter, the stray drunken shriek or howl. A group of girls shouting goodnight and 'I LOVE you' across the grass to each other. Probably pissed out of their minds :) Music from people's apartments.
The lights in Colchester.
Halogen lamps on campus, shining like soft globes of gold in amongst the trees. I always imagine that they'll fall off their posts and bounce softly onto the ground. Dead silence in the department. Am I the only person here?
My boyfriend online. He says a cat has gotten in to his house tonight. I wish I was that cat. Or rather, that a cat would get into the office and curl up on my lap. I have a picture of Pasha (my ginger tabby, away back in India) on my desk. I can't take my eyes off him, he's so gorgeous. Even in a little 4 x4 picture frame.
Would never stop reading, or working, just so it could lie there undisturbed. My little ivy plant on my desk is probably asleep. (Does light disturb plants sleeping?)
I want to be here until sunrise and watch those golden lights outside turn off one by one. Or maybe they all fall asleep together.
Funny I'm not hungry. Must be all the smokes. I bought a chicken dinner before I got here. It'll have to be breakfast.

2:45.
Am here until 5, and I'm off just as the birds start to wake.

Lonely Owls. I should start a club called Lonely Owls.

No comments: