Thursday, April 19, 2007

Where I am now

The pattern that connects? That's a laugh. That was such a mouthful to think out, it kept me away from writing for half a year. Slowly, though, it is beginning to come back. As I take my first baby steps along the long path to my PhD.
I plan to use this space to talk about the patterns I find as I go on this journey.

For a background:
I'm here at the University of Essex's Department of Biological Sciences, in the Centre for Environment and Society. My supervisors are Prof. Jules Pretty and Dr. David Smith.
After my Masters here, I decided to stay on and continue with the same research as I began for my dissertation: researching people's participation in sustainable development (an even bigger mouthful than 'The Pattern That Connects'. I am a glutton for difficulty, it seems.)

Anyway here I am, and here are my stories. Some of them small pictures, some of them questions and some, just vague feelings that PhDs seem to bring.
Here are my patterns.
Here I am.

No comments: