Sunday, February 17, 2008

A shameful dirty secret:
I have stolen one item of clothing from the launderette.
(No, I am not saying what it was)

In my defense;
It was lying on the floor, unclaimed.
Perhaps it was a relic from a break up or a death or a failure or a forgetfulness or perhaps it was just unloved.
Perhaps she didn't notice it was missing until well after she went to her room and unpacked her laundry bag (which, for students, can be anything from a couple of hours to a couple of months after doing the actual laundry).
Either way, I decided that she did not care to have it back.

Also in my defense -
It was a one off, on impulse.

I have been stolen from thrice, and I went to reclaim my dropped items within 30 minutes each time, but they were gone.

You give a little, you take a little.
Sue me.

No comments: